Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo.

We celebrated the Mexican holiday by going to Chili's and having chips and salsa. Okay it had nothing to do with the holiday and it actually happened yesterday on "May the Fourth be with you" day.  We also visited the grand opening of a sporting store and spotted random fish in the the parking lot.  I've realized I frequently talk about fish tanks.  So here we go again:  Picture version

Bass tank up top with L and pops.
Catfish pond on bottom.  It stunk.
Today we went to MAY-rietta Daze.  And I didn't have to spend a dime.  Woot.  It's a local crafts fair in historic downtown Marietta, Georgia.  My favorite part of the day was eating at The Australian Bakery.  A nice Aussie made Landyn a balloon kangaroo and sang to her in his awesome accent.  I sometime talk to Landyn in fake accents hoping she'll catch one and "grow with it."  Right now she likes to blow spit instead of talking.  Words are invisible, but spit produces bubbles. I would want to see something for all my effort, too.  Adults have it all wrong.

A day would not be complete without a stop to shop.  We purchased some Landyn Gear.  She is now hooked up with some cool shades.  Will they stay on her face?  Nope.  But like training her to speak in a foreign accent, I will keep trying and trying...

For Cinco de May try your own Mexican accent.  My attempt? No bueno.

The Australian Bakery with the nice Aussie and kangaroo
Cool shades.  She prefers the spit guard 

No comments:

Post a Comment