Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cocky

I'm a good wife.  I send Cody The Husband to work with cupcakes.  Ok, it happened once.  Little did I know that his coworkers would love the cupcakes and ask for MORE!?  I am a Baker by surname, but I am no Baker.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found an easy and fun recipe that combines oreos and cake batter.  The first batch I ever made was stellar and tasted heavenly!

I got cocky.  I thought I would beef up my baker skills and use a hand mixer...I've seen them used on the cooking channels.  Bad idea number 1.  Obviously, we do not own a single mixing bowl, so I settled for a square Rubbermaid storage container.  Bad idea number 2.  Without a spoon, apron, or directions, I proceeded.  Bad idea 3.  EVERYTHING was on the counter, close to all of Landyn's feeding supplies.  Bad idea 4.  I should have know to take the road already traveled when it came to baking.

What my cockiness got me:
Mega cleanup


Start of cleanup and things get WORSE

Once clean bottles sprinkled with STICKY goo.
LASTLY:
The peace before the storm.  Note that the brand is Baker's Choice.  Well, it was not my choice!  Liars 

Good news:  the cupcakes look and taste GREAT! My husband's coworkers will be excited.  They are a nice bunch and I'm super excited that they enjoy my baking masterpieces!  One day, I will introduce them to my actual talent of cooking.      

No comments:

Post a Comment