Tuesday, March 27, 2012

NO Fly!

A frog can catch and eat a fly.  A person can fly.  However, my daughter became both.
Today, she morphed into a fly eating frog.

Sitting at our bay window, Lan was playing with our blinds.  The blinds had not been open since the "last time", so I decided to dust before I opened them.  I left Lan sitting by the window as I went to go grab our duster.  When I came back she was playing with the bottom blind.  No problem!  I love looking down to check on her and seeing that one-of-a-kind smile.  Except this time her smile was blocked by her balled up fist. This "look" meant that she was once again vacuuming and sucking up anything in her path.  I rushed to grab whatever she had planned to eat.  Before I could get to her hand, something bounced off her tongue and onto the window seal.  A dead fly.  How it came to its demise...we will never know.  I like to believe that Landyn pulled a Mr. Miyagi with her small, chubby fingers.  But the stiff fly was more than likely a victim of last summer...cause unknown.  This mommy is excited she didn't eat any part of the fly.  AND that her tongue is free of larvae!

Parents: do tell your own follies, this Momster needs your feedback!  Do share.

The fly croaked.  Please note all body parts are still intact! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad she followed no part of the fly! I think the worst thing James ate was a piece of burned charcoal from the grill. I just looked over and he had black all over his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! Everyday seems to hold new surprises and entertainment...thanks to our little ones.

      Delete